If your heat pump is running efficiently, it is saving you money by keeping running costs low. When your pump starts to get old, it can become a money pit. It is similar to a car in that it needs regular servicing to perform well. It is common to forget about your heat pump until something goes wrong and it is not working correctly. But, if you get it serviced appropriately, it can extend its life and help it run well for the entire life period.
Heat pumps should be serviced at least once a year to make sure things are running correctly. According to Energy.gov, this is what you can expect your heating company to check for during their visit:
- Inspect ducts, filters, blower, and indoor coil for dirt and other obstructions
- Diagnose and seal duct leakage
- Verify adequate airflow by measurement
- Verify correct refrigerant charge by measurement
- Check for refrigerant leaks
- Inspect electric terminals, and, if necessary, clean and tighten connections, and apply nonconductive coating
- Lubricate motors, and inspect belts for tightness and wear
- Verify correct electric control, making sure that heating is locked out when the thermostat calls for cooling and vice versa
- Verify correct thermostat operation.
By having your heat pump serviced every year you are preventing potential problems. It is a good measure to make sure that one part doesn’t go wrong and affect the other parts of the system. Preventative maintenance is more cost-effective in the long run than waiting until something breaks.
Contact Us Today!
No matter what type of heat pump you have, we are prepared to help you maintain and extend the life of your pump. If something goes wrong and you need to purchase a new heat pump, we can install it for you. Give us a call at 540-662-9706 in Winchester or 540-635-9706 in Front Royal today!